Thursday, August 13, 2009

Madonna: Time to Re-Invent (sigh) AGAIN


Ok, let's just get this straight, I LOVE this woman. I totally adore her and I don't give a shit how gay it makes me look. Mkay? Mkay.

Madonna's best talent is her ability to re-invent herself, to keep people guessing what CRAZY thing she'll do next. And we do indeed keep guessing.

But I am not pleased with the current Madonna, yes I bought her recent albums and listen to them daily, but that doesn't mean I'm enjoying them! Ok that's a lie for dramatic effect, but you know what I'm saying. It's almost as if she's trying to be the cool and sexy girl when she's a 50 year old woman. So my suggestion to The Material Girl is: time to re-invent, missy. 

There are have been many Madonnas in the past. 
Original Madonna: trashy, ditsy, SO 80's, and kinda cute. She was a trendsetter then. 

Slutty Crazy Madonna: she wrote a book called "Sex" with naked pictures of her and her sexual friends. She had sex with Dennis Rodman (what?!). Favorite phase.

Classy Madonna (this is starting to feel like a "Barbie" lineup): She had this image of a classy singer with a more subtle approach to sex.

Mature Madonna: Madonna at her best. Grammy nominations, artist credibility, and a display of actual musical talent. No more "I'll fuck anything that can walk on 2 legs."

Spiritual Madonna: Ugh this was annoying. Kabbalah? Name change to "Esther"? Come on. 

"I'm still hot and slutty!" Madonna: The current Madge. It just feels so goddam needy. 

Be more mature Madonna!!! You're old, Madge. Stop acting like you're 24, stop trying to look 24 and just be proud of the fact that you're aging quite nicely. Embrace your age and put out good music, yes it can still be dance music but let's make it more like "Ray of Light" and less like "4 Minutes."

Because of your age, the Slutty Madonna is just creepy now. You look like a Cougar (not the cat for you literal idiots out there) and Cougars, outside of TV, are just creepy. And Alex Rodriguez? Well I guess that's better than Dennis Rodman (seriously?!)

Spiritual Madonna sucked. Don't do that again.

Ok, we get it Madge, you look GREAT for your age. But please act like it. You can look as young as you want, but when you act 25 years younger than you are... that's just lame. I love you Madonna, and I don't want to think of you as lame. So do what you do best and re-invent yourself into something that's actually good, not needy.

No comments:

Post a Comment